Liquid sage cleanser
(For when you can’t burn sage)
1 1/2 cup distilled water
15 drops sage essential oil
1 quartz crystal
1 spritzer bottle
Mix all ingredients together and add the crystal to the bottle to add power and as a shaker.
–The Darkest of Lights
Lavender and Wrath’s Giveaway
- Must be following Wrath-Fire-Ice.
- Reblogs and Likes count. Please try not to spam, only one entry per tumblr will be counted.
- Ends on May 23, 2014.
- No shipping requirements.
- Must be 16 or older.
- Winner will be selected by random number generator.
- I will require the email address of the winner.
- If the winner does not respond within 24 hrs of the winner being announced a new one will be selected.
- First Place: A $50 dollar gift card to Etsy
- Second Place: A $25 dollar gift card to Etsy
Pretty simple, right? This way the winners get what they want, instead of random crud from me. I’d rather help someone get some cool Etsy stuff and support those fine sellers out there. Enjoy and good luck!
Send me a number and I’ll tell you my unpopular opinion.
1. A selection of television programs you do not care for.
2. A selection of musical artists you do not care for.
3. A selection of celebrities you couldn’t care less about.
4. A hobby you “don’t get”.
5. A habit you find disgusting.
6. Something in school you really liked doing that everyone else bitched over.
7. Your favorite household chore.
8. Popular video games that make you go “meh”.
9. PC or MAC?
10. A sport you don’t like, for whatever reason.
11. A sport you really like, for whatever reason.
12. Television programs you love but have gotten shit for liking.
13. Musical artists you love but have gotten shit for liking.
14. A hobby you have/find interesting that other people bother you over/make fun of.
15. A habit you have that other people bug you over.
16. Something in school you hating doing and it felt like everyone else loved.
17. The household chore that makes you want to shoot your own face off.
18. A selection of video games that you enjoy that perhaps you really shouldn’t.
19. A celebrity crush that maybe even you don’t understand.
20. Free rant on whatever grinds your gears at the moment.
Please send me a few!!!
Create A Potted Plant Altar
One of the best things we can do as Wiccans to strengthen our spiritual practice is to increase our connection to the great outdoors, especially the cycle of growing plants. And what better plants than sacred herbs? Green witches (also known as hedge witches) and kitchen witches may especially enjoy this project. Read on to discover how to create a potted plant altar.
We Wiccans can get too mired down with our jobs and urban lifestyles, but a potted plant altar can go a long ways toward strengthening your connection with nature. Such an altar infuses your spellwork with the energy of green, living plants. And it is compact enough to fit into the tiniest apartment even if you don’t have a balcony or a front stoop. You can scale the potted plant altar down to size and fit it on a coffee table or in a sunny windowsill. A potted plant altar is ideal for kitchen witches to keep in the kitchen. You can use any type of plant such as a flowering bulb or an orchid, if you like, but herbs are especially appropriate because of their symbolism as Wiccan correspondences and also because of their extreme hardiness. They only require a bit of water and sunlight. Meanwhile, most herbs look vibrant and attractive and smell divine.
In my photo, I have used rosemary (protection, good health, warding away negative energy). But you could also use lavender (protection, purification, serenity) or mint (protection, vitality), or any other herb like chives that you enjoy. Aesthetically speaking, such an altar usually looks best with the “woody” stemmed Mediterranean type herbs like rosemary that look like little pine trees, though mint can be attractive as well, especially when it flowers.
Depending on how big you want your altar to be, you can plant one herb in the center and place your ritual tools around it as I have, which works for a smaller arrangement, or you could plant herbs such as chives or mint around the perimeter and put a flat rock or tile in the center on which to arrange your ritual tools. Use caution with any lit candles to place them where they cannot singe the leaves. You will need the following:
- Small decorative pot with a drainage hole in the bottom and a saucer.
- Small herb plant, maybe four inches tall
- All-purpose potting soil mix
- Small bag of decorative gravel
Start with a small pot, which can be made of resin or plastic to reduce the total weight of the altar (remember, you still have to add potting soil and decorative gravel). The pot I used is about ten inches in diameter. Herbs need a pot with a drainage hole because they dislike having their roots sitting in standing water. Put a coffee filter or folded paper towel in the bottom of the pot over its drainage hole so that you won’t lose too much soil with each watering.
Add potting soil, which can be any basic mix, to fill about three-fourths of the pot. Dig a hollow in the potting soil and plant your seedling. Pat the potting soil loosely over the roots up to its stem, but don’t pack it down extremely hard. The roots need room to breathe.
Cover with decorative gravel. In the photo, I used pearl gravel. As you can see, I have a flat rock in the north section of the pot to represent the element of Earth. To the east, my athame symbolizes Air, and the lit candle provides Fire in the south. To the west, my chalice stands in for Water.
A potted plant altar is portable, beautiful, and deeply infused with the power of growing, living things. Most plants act as natural air fresheners through their photosynthesis cycle in that they draw in carbon dioxide and emit pure oxygen. A kitchen witch can keep a potted plant altar in the kitchen and snip off the occasional bits of rosemary or mint for cooking magical dishes. A green witch can keep one on the coffee table or in the bedroom to turn her ordinary surroundings into a place of spiritual refuge.
What an awesome idea for apartments!
meet the blogger
#personal post is personal
LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE
LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE
- name: Ivy
- eye color: blue
- hair style/color: long straight thick dirty blonde hair…
- height: 5’7”
- clothing style: comfortable, earthy, slightly conservative I guess?
LAYER THREE: THOUGHTS
- your fears: infertility, aloneness, messiness
- your guilty pleasure: krispy kreme donuts and playing old video games from my childhood
- ambitions for the future: opening a pagan community center and becoming a Religions journalist
- your first thoughts waking up: “ugh why am I awake” followed immediately by “shit I have to pee!”
- what you think about most: what my BF is doing and whether we will have enough money for “X”
- what you think about before bed: can I make it through another episode of “X”
- you think your best quality is: my big heart
LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?
LAYER FIVE: DO YOU
- single or group dates: double dates with Jaelyn and the Dr.
- to be loved or respected: loved, respect is part of love.
- beauty or brains: why do I have to choose? I want both.
- dogs or cats: yes
- lie: yes, we all do.
- believe in yourself: not all the time, I have a tendency to doubt my own personal power.
- want to go out: why go out when I have tumblr?
LAYER SIX: EVER?
- been on stage: my whole life. Choir, Theater, Musical theater in college, and my job as a front desk agent is like being on stage.
- changed who you were to fit in: once, it cost me a very dear friendship
LAYER SEVEN: FAVOURITES
- favourite colour: light olive green, but most people think it is pink because I own so much of it.
- favourite animal: cats, horses, turtles
- favourite movie: too many to list…
- favourite game: currently, Skyrim. But I also like Crash Bandicoot, Mario and Rayman…Board games are a completely different matter. Balderdash is where it’s at!
LAYER EIGHT: AGE
- day your next birthday will be: September 4th.
- how old will you be: 25.
- does age matter: in certain situations, such as my friend is dating a guy the exact same age as her late father, which is a little odd to me because it is not what I am used to, but it suits her.
(Source: illogicalhumanoid, via bibliophilicwitch)
How do I open my third eye?
Everyone is a little different, but for me, I found that meditation and psychic development techniques were useful.
Try journaling things like your dreams and any “psychic coincidence” things like knowing it was going to rain today without checking the weather, or knowing who was on the phone without looking at the caller ID. over time, it will help you hone in on your natural abilities.
Florida Pagan Gathering
Yesterday was my planning day with my sister!
Every festival we camp together and share a tent and supplies so yesterday we unpacked all our camping gear (4 giant totes worth) and took inventory, cleaned, and reorganized it all. It took us about 4 hours to just go through everything and get rid of the trash leftover from Samhain.
Then we ran to the store and bought a few much needed items (bug repellant things, baby wipes for dirty feet, and a rake to name a few)
All in all, it was a fabulous day and the only thing left is to go grocery shopping the day we leave!
I am so excited for Beltane!